We just left the amazing GopherCon in Denver, the first conference dedicated to the Go programming language. A remarkable array of speakers and attendees were present, including Rob Pike and many members of the Golang core team.
It was a great honor for Team Gobot to be invited to speak to such an illustrious crowd, and we worked hard to prepare some demos worthy of the event. When you do live coding of flying objects, there is of course, always some element of aerial risk. However, the talk went off without a hitch! We will post a link once the video is online.
One new demo we've added, is running Gobot on the ARDrone's own internal board in parallel to their firmware, while controlling it using a different Gobot running on a separate computer controlling the drone. How meta!
The next day was the open hack day, and we brought lots of Sphero robots to play with. It was especially fun and exciting to pair up with the master himself. When Rob Pike sat down to play, and to help us improve our code, we were giddy to say the least. Thanks, Rob!
Thank you to the conference organizers, staff, the other presenters, and especially the attendees for making it a great experience. We really enjoyed showing our robotics road show to so many of the best and brightest in the Golang community.
Please follow us on Twitter at @gobotio to keep up to date on the latest news and information, as the community continues to work together on Golang powered robotics using Gobot.
- Gobot - Release 1.11
- Hello, Tello - Hacking Drones With Go
- Gobot 1.7 - Eyes Of The World
- Gobot 1.5 - On Pins And Boards
- Gobot - 1.4 Spring Cleaning
- Gobot - 1.3 Is Here
- All About The Next Generation At SCaLE15x
- Gobot - 1.2 Released
- Gobot At FOSDEM 2017
- Gobot - The 1.1 Release
- Gobot - The Big One Oh!
- Gobot - This One Goes To 0.11
- Gobot 0.10 - Less Is More
- Gobot in Vice
- Gobot mentioned in SD Times
- Gobot featured in Wired
- Gobot 0.8 - The Happy Holiday Release
- Gobot 0.7 - The Big Release
- Run Golang On The Intel Edison With Gobot
- Flying Iris At Distill 2014
- Gobot 0.6 is out!
- Gobot 0.5 is out!
- Taking The Stage At GopherCon
- National Robotics Week at Boston Golang
- Go, Gobot, Go! Golang Powered Robotics